Janet Calderwood, RD, CSG, LD/N is the host of the weekly television program, The Dietitian on a Mission.
She completed a didactic program in dietetics and graduated with honors from Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina. After finishing her dietetic internship, Janet passed the national exam administered by The Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Board Certified Specialist in Gerontological Nutrition
- Completed Certificates for Pediatric and Adult Weight Management Programs.
- Active member of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Active member of The Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Board Member for The Southwest Florida Dietetic Association
- Dietetic Practice Groups membership including
- Healthy Aging
- Hunger and Environmental Nutrition
- Women’s Health
- Behavioral Health
- Diabetes Care
She is a food and nutrition expert who is passionate about helping people make healthy lifestyle choices.
With an overabundance of health misinformation available at consumer’s fingertips, The Dietitian on a Mission is dedicated to separating nutrition facts from fiction.
Janet is an advocate for domestic and world hunger and she works with community leaders to fight hunger in Southwest Florida and abroad.